We were totally committed to doing this trip, even if no water in the river. A late spring had delayed runoff from the Animas and low lake levels had Navajo Dam holding on to what water they had. Two canoes, two IK's, and two catarafts were the craft and once again, we vowed to go light the next time. Launched at 330 CFS, spiked to 1400 and then dropped to the high 600's on takeout day. Spent much more time on top of or dodging rocks than previous trips. Was surprised that Government Rapid was a non-issue at 700 CFS. Expected more of a rock garden. First three days were exploration but once in the lower canyon, it was the typical San Juan float.